Waiting for My Friend to Come Home
A red silk scarf that flies above my head,
the wind will take him who knows where.
He is the rain, a sudden summer storm,
that cleans the dust from all the leaves,
and just as quickly disappears.
I cannot paddle in the stream
of words that flow beneath his pen.
I run aground, the words a dream
that vanishes into the sunrise sky.
When I give up all hope that he
will come back home,
he is the moon that shines
in the darkened hours.
~
Nolcha Fox's poems have been curated in print and online journals. A best-selling author, her poetry books are available on Amazon and Dancing Girl Press. Nominated for Best of the Net and Pushcart Prize multiple times. Editor of Chewers by Masticadores and Latinos USA.
Website: https://writingaddiction2.wordpress.com/ and https://nolchafox2.wixsite.com/nolcha-s-written-wor/blog
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nolcha.fox/
Thank you for publishing my poem, Kelly - you're amazing!
ReplyDeleteA tender poem, Nolcha!
ReplyDeletethank you thank you
ReplyDelete